The United Mine Workers of America Career Centers, Inc., in partnership with WorkForce West Virginia and the US Department of Labor is providing those dislocated from the coal industry and their dependents the opportunity to obtain retraining in demand occupations. This National Dislocated Workers Grant (NDWG) Training Program:
- Will pay up to $5,000.00 for Training Cost.
- Will pay $20.00 per day that you attend training up to 5 days a week.
- You must be laid off (not terminated or quit) to be eligible and there are a few exceptions.
- Your spouse or dependent child may be eligible for the same benefits.
- This program does not affect Unemployment Benefits.
- This program does not extend Unemployment Benefits.
- Training must be on the WorkForce WV Provider List.
- Each applicant to the program will be Interviewed, TABE Tested and Drug Tested.
- Training must be completed by June 30, 2018.
A simple questionnaire must be completed by the interested applicant and signed by a counselor before the individual becomes a client of the UMWA Career Centers, Inc. These forms are located on this site under the Services Tab in the Intake Process section.