New Mechatronics Class Open for Enrollment. Class Begins January 2023.
Tour the newly renovated Adult Workforce Training Center.
197 Dunn Station Road
Prosperity, PA 15329
(1 mile from I-79 Ruff Creek Exit)
- New students or incumbent workers will be eligible for classes.
- Skills Training for local demand jobs will be taught at the Ruff Creek campus.
Commercial Driver License (CDL) Training by All-State Career School
Mechatronics/Advanced Manufacturingby the Community College of Allegheny College (CCAC)
Additional programs with various training providers:
- Computer Classes (*planning stage)
- Cybersecurity (*planning stage)
- Diesel Mechanics (*planning stage)
Transitioning from Mine Training to Adult Education
The UMWA Career Centers, Inc. has repurposed a former mine training site (shown in photo) into an adult education center for residents of the rural mining communities of Appalachia.
The UMWA Career Centers, Inc. in partnership with the State of Pennsylvania and the US Economic Development Administration has renovated the former simulated coal mine into classrooms and a mechatronics lab, added a diesel lab and a full commercial drivers license (CDL) training pad and classroom.
Grand opening planned for early 2022.